Have you seen all those over-photoshopped girls around? It’s like a tacky plague, and it just seems to be getting worse. "Weird, plastic girls" with glowing eyes everywhere. Robots maybe?
Do you think it’s because our industry has become less attractive to great artists and models, or is it that the “fashion dinosaurs” have lost touch with the true meaning of beauty?
And as the tides of fashion change, did you know that real feminine power is right around the corner? Let me explain:
There’s something that defines every decade. The 70s: Excess, The 80s: Yikes!, The 90s: Alternative (and sexy), you get the picture. However, in the 00s let’s just say things got a little out of control with photoshops and other silly things like that.
It wasn't just just that though. People got lazy. Not you, you pushed in the right direction and that's why you're here now. However, you probably know what I'm talking about. You want the real thing now.
Of all the models we’ve worked with (and other successful people alike) we notice they all share these similar traits. And here's why we're sharing this with you:
We want to make everyone’s job easier. Education and knowledge is essential to the growth of an industry and it's artists and fan base. It doesn't matter how hard you work if you're climbing the wrong ladder.
When the water rises, so do all the other boats right?
So listen up, if you want to succeed, it's important that you...
1. Surround yourself with the right peeps.
Whether you're a young girl, or whether you're a model, or an agent, or even if you're none of the above... choose your crowd wisely.
You don't want someone who has no clue to manage you, you don't want someone who can't take a picture to shoot you, and you certainly don't want someone painting your face with un-hygienic tools or a hair person damaging your hair (costing you potentially 10s of thousands of dollars)
Do your research and ask around. Referrals are always great. If you don't like the work, don't agree to it. Listen to your gut.
2. Be Iconic: Kate Moss has it, Abraham Lincoln had it, and you damn better make sure you have it too if you want to stand out from the crowd. Now, what makes something iconic is up to discussion. (though there’s some research that shows otherwise)
3. Passion The majority of people in this industry live, breathe and probably eat fashion all the time. If you don’t have that overwhelming burning fire inside you, then this might not be the right place for you.
Now, we really want to emphasize how important it is that you stay up-to-date with...
4. Exercise and Nutrition Dur right? Well, you’d be positively shocked at the crazy things we see people do to their bodies that they think is “healthy”. From eating things that bloat you, to not drinking water, to having way too much coffee.
These silly, little things show up in the images, plus it makes people super crabby too. Same goes with exercise.
Don’t be afraid to be toned and sexy... you really don't want to be too skinny. Trends will come and go, sacrificing your health is not worth looking like a mummy (plus you could literally die). Leave the bones to the "dogs and dinosaurs."
So please, be healthy, eat right, and stay fit.
And finally, you've got to have a killer...
5. Attitude We’re very lucky to have met some exceptional individuals. And the 1 common thread that you can see in all these men and women, both young and old is that they are all exceptional workers.
Models (and artists alike) are some of the most hard working individuals you can imagine, and at such a young age too!
Practice these habits, and you're sure to gain the upper hand on your competition ;)
You can just simply sign up below and support the "Liberation of Beauty".
We respect your email privacy